We can do this!
Yes, 2016 is going to be more challenging than both the 2014 and 2015 years of support. However, I am convinced we can set sail and get to our destination. We only need to be clear on what we want to accomplish and work together to get the job done. Here are our new goals.
- Continue Pen Pal Programs with K-Kids in Washington state and music students in Virginia.
- Establish two new Pen Pal Programs…Anywhere, USA.
- Strengthen the “Friends of Copey” connection with Kiwanis Clubs locally and throughout the country.
- Find ways to more economically deliver children’s books and school supplies to the Learning Center from the US.
- Increase our annual Blog site visits to 3,520 (10%) at the end of 2016 up from 3,200 at the end of 2015.
- Provide financial support for a minimum of 15 students under the Anne G. Broady Scholarship Fund. Estimated $1,500 Goal
- Provide financial support to the Learning Center’s funding commitment to continue the Executive Director’s position. $2,000 Goal
- Provide financial support to cover airline expenses to and from Emory & Henry College, Virginia for two Copey students and the Learning Center’s Executive Director. Estimated $3,600 Goal
Next week’s Post will be the “official kickoff” of our 2016 fund raising
campaigns for both the AGB Scholarship Fund Program and the
campaign to raise funds to support the annual salary commitment for the Executive Director just as we did last year. The official announcement will include directions on how to make a contribution if you wish to be a financial supporter.
Information on the support we plan to provide to assist two students and the Executive Director will be provided at a later date.
I look forward to us all continuing to be a significant and meaningful part of the success we are experiencing in Copey. After two years now, we have some solid “Friends” in place including Lisa B. and Susie O. who are
committed public school teachers already deeply involved and devoted to bringing young students together to learn from one another. The Kiwanis organization, a major international service club, is on board as very
important partners. Emory & Henry College, one of our country’s leading small colleges, is partnering with “Friends” and showing exceptional leadership in developing educational pathways to learning. The list goes on and all the “Friends” can share in the efforts and successes expected for students in both Copey and here in the US in 2016.
“Friends of Copey” in 2016…It’s a beautiful thing!